Here are some 5 precautions each and every online shopper must take:
(1) Check the product’s T&Cs. Often it happens that we don’t read the T&Cs and when we make a purchase, we end up paying a higher amount or expecting a discount. To be clear to oneself, it’s always best to know all the information one can gather.
(2) If you’re more suited to pay on delivery, do check the website if they have an option for COD(Cash on Delivery). Often when you order and pay money on delivery there is a shipping cost involved. It’s best to know this beforehand than see the increased amount on the bill.
(3) Check if the website is a trusted one. Check their testimonials, social media presence, ranks, etc and how they interact with their members. if you’re new to a website, it’s best to shoot in an e-mail and check their response rate and whether or not the response was helpful, etc. This will help you gather a good judgment and even if you face any issues post delivery of your product you know what to expect from the website.
(4) Another important aspect is that of returns and exchange feature. Do check if they have any such policies. It’s best to check if your product can be replaced or returned because one might face such issues and want his money back.
(5) Usually, the FAQs on the websites have all such important information. This is a good way to equip yourself with all knowledge necessary. It’s informative and the information is out there for one and all to read.
It’s best to be well-informed before you buy anything online than fret later and chase your spent money.